Thursday, January 22, 2009

Sisters by Chance, Friends by Choice

I just want to start out by saying I love ALL my sisters. They are all wonderful and have there own unique personalities and I could write PAGES about my memories with them. But today I am only going to talk about one of them. Growing up Megan and I were not always the best of friends.
But now that we are all grown up, that relationship has changed. We are both going through the same things right now. We both have little babies, our husbands are in school, and we are just trying to scrape by in our financial situation.
She has been a life saver this last couple weeks. I got really sick last week and ended up in the ER. Megan came and sat with me until late into the night and then watched my baby the rest of the night because I was "stoned" on morphine.
Our husbands joke that we might as well move in together. If my husband is working I hang out at the Loves until he is off, and then we stay up even later to have dinner together and play games. Then I usually have my husband drop me off before he goes to school the next morning.
We love to go shopping together, take walks to Denny's for cheese fries, and just hang out together while our babies scream. Thomas LOVES Milo, his face lights up every time I walk in the door. As soon as he sees me he starts looking around for the baby. Milo loves him too, it is amazing the amount of Thomas torture he can put up with before he starts crying.
We are always saying that our babies are going to think they have two moms. More often then not we just trade babies when one of us is getting frustrated with our little monster.
Anyway, this is my ode to Megan...
Thanks you for all you do for me and my family. I don't know what we would do with out you.

4 comments:

Amy said...

That is just awesome! Becky and I are the same age difference as you too. We experienced the same thing. I hardly remember Becky growing up, but then when we lived next to each other when she was expecting Kyle and then when we both had Josh and Lily, it was AWESOME! We forged bonds that will last a lifetime. I'm so glad you guys are having that opportunity. And how crazy that our mother had so many children? It boggles my mind.

Dolly said...

I remember growing up watching you girl cousins-what fun times, years ago. Sherri and I are so much like you and Megan. If we go one day with out calling each other-it's only because one of us is out of town! The hardest time of my life-was when Sher was on her mission!!! When she got home-we stayed up ALL night long talking. I'll never forget that-♥

ldsfamofak said...

OK I just want to say that I am glad that the 2 of you have each other although I wish you guys where up here with me. And how much that I miss that time in my life I know you don't think so but life was so much more simple then.
Love you lots
Becky

Anonymous said...

BY CHANCE?? Fat chance. Love you both.