Okay, so I am a little late getting a New Years blog up. But better late than never right?
This last week has been all about pure LAZY goodness. hehe. Allen, the baby and I have spent most of our time lounging around watching marathons on tv, playing our wii and napping. ( Well, Allen's had too fit work in there too) But I have to admitt that I have been slacking on my duties. The laundry is piled sky high, I havn't vacummed, and you can't see the top of my kitchen table.
As much as I have enjoyed being lazy, the pig stye that is my house is starting to kill my buzz.
So out with the old year and in with the new. It is part of my New Years resolution to be a better housewife. I know that alot of the ideas about the typicaly "housewife" are sexist but this is not about pleasing my husband. This is about doing what is good for me and my family. When I think about the stereotypical 50's housewife I do more than laugh, I envy. I want that.
I want to have a schedule, keep my house clean, have dinner on the table ( or at least cooking) when my husband gets home from work. I want to get dressed cute and do my makeup, everyday.
Have any of you checked out the flylady website? I WANT TO FLY!!
So that is my new years resolution. I am going to be the new and improved me. I WILL shrug of my old lazy habits. I WILL be more organized. I WILL stop procrastinating.
With that, I will sign off, turn of the computer and get to work!
Friday, January 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
You go girl!!
And... for me, the kind of housewife I am is ALL about pleasing my husband.
When he's happy, I'm happy. That's the way it works around here.
Love you!
I've been slacking on the laundrey too. but not because of a baby.
Love you! Sabrina
Hey, what in the heck is wrong with a happy husband and clean house?! Sounds like a plan. :)
Love Fly Lady!! and the old adage is true, when momma aint happy aint nobody happy... they forget to add, when Hubby aint happy momma aint happy!!!
Post a Comment