Well, I can't believe I am saying this but Allen has changed his major. That's right, he changed it AGAIN. But I think this is it,....finally. Allen loves psychology, it fascinates him. But most things do. If he could make a living being a jack of all trades, he would. But I am not interested in bouncing around different careers for the rest of my life. So after a lot of soul searching a prayer. We decided to change is Major to music education. Music has always been Allen's passion, he has an incredible voice and LOVES to make music.
So Last Friday while we were down at the college trying to sort out our financial aid (that is another story in and of itself) we spoke with a counselor from the school of the arts and set up a whole new schedule for him. She told us we needed to go down and speak with the professor in charge of the vocal music department to get approval. So down we went. Much to our surprise when we got down there, she asked to see the piece that Allen had prepared to sing. YIKES! He hadn't realised he would be expected to sing right then. But without missing a beat, my amazingly talented husband went over to the professors book shelf, pulled out a sheet of music from Les Mis and gave an incredible performance. The professor was delighted and informed him that he would be singing 1st Tenor in the Master Works Choral and she would see him Monday.
So yea.... Allen's schedule is now slammed with music classes, ranging from private lessons (which are required !!) to Music Theory and Conducting.
Needless to say although it is going to be a TON of work, it requires a lot more credits than Psych, Allen is way excited and so am I.
Tuesday, January 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
That's exciting Elizabeth. It's always good to enjoy what you're doing.
Tammy
That's awesome! I agree that it's important to be doing what you love!
Cool change cousins! Maybe he could audition for American Idol...?
Well we all know Allen has lots of talent! what kind of work do you do with a music major? I'm a litt le dence!
love mom
I Love the idea! It is always better at home when your husband is enjoying what he does. Did you get your finacial ait workd out?
Love you lots Becky
Post a Comment