
First on my list and well known to any one that has every spent anytime with me is bubble baths. I love them. Nothing washes your cares away quite like a hot bubble bath. My husband says that I am addicted. Which very well might be true. But hey, everyone has there indulgences. Don't they?

Next on my list goes hand in hand with my first pick. Because nothing goes with a good bath, like a great book! I love to read, I have always had a thing for books. I love everything about them, how they feel, how they smell, the creak of binding when you open a new book for the first time.
And of course I love the stories. When I find myself getting lost in a book I know that I have found a winner. That is the ultimate test for a good book. I will read most any type of book, but often find myself drawn toward, what my husband calls literary junk food. Something easy to read with really no redeeming value, nothing to think about or ponder. Just a fun read, like a sitcom or a sappy chick flick, purely for entertainment value. Meg Cabot is one such author. She wrote the princess diaries series but also writes adult "chick lit". I highly recommend the Size 12 is not fat series.

Another guilty pleasure of mine is Dr. Pepper. Mmmmmm, I love it! I am trying to cut back however. I no longer buy it buy it by the case and bring it home. I have limited to only getting one while I am at the store, as a treat to have after I unload the groceries. I find that limiting my self like this makes me savor it longer and treat it more like what is is, a treat, not something to quench my thirst.

This favorite thing is my ultimate kitchen helper. I love my crock pot! I don't use it nearly as often as I should, but every few months I pull it out and find a renewed love for this nifty time savor. I have used it twice this week and my husband has really appreciated the home made hot meal when he gets home from work. My new years resolution this year is to become a better homemaker and I know that my crock pot will help me on my way to this goal.

Another thing that can always make me feel better, is a freshly made bed. Clean, crisp linens....
need I say more. A soft bed with luxurious linens is my idea of a good nights sleep. Now my bed in no way resembles this one, but I wish it did. Now if you couple this favorite with a few of my others, a bubble bath and a good book, well you have found nirvana.
I could go on, but dinner is ready ( in my crock pot!) and I should feed my hungry husband. I challenge all of you to dig down deep and blog about the things you think about when you are feeling sad. ( And yes I did just sing that)

1 comment:
I love all the things you've listed-and feel like singing now! I may follow in your footsteps and list my favorites too-just not a one thirty in the morning...yes, that's what time it is!
Post a Comment