Friday, December 12, 2008

2 MONTHS OLD !!!

So I am not sure why I didn't mention it yesterday, but yesterday Milo turned 2 months old. He had his check up today and he weighed in at 11 lbs 6 oz. He is 24 and 1/2 in long!!! He is getting so big. A lot of his 0-3 month clothes are getting too short, but they are still baggy around his tummy.
All day today he has been cranky from his shots and has been sleeping a lot. I hope when he wakes up in the morning he is feeling better.
Allen had his first treatment of Remicade today. It went pretty well. No allergic reactions from the infusion. Yeah!!! Now we just have to be on the look out for other side effects... which there are plenty of. But hopefully this is going to be good, and Allen will start feeling the effects in a couple months. He will have another dose in two weeks, then in six and then it will be every eight weeks. Optimally he will notice effects by the third dose, but it could take up to six months.
Any way, it was a long day , the infusion takes 2 and 1/2 hours. He gets it at the local cancer center and the room was full of chemo patients. Even though Allen is pretty sick and this is a scary treatment... I feel so grateful for the health that we do have. Allen is still able to work and is in no immediate danger of dieing. Seeing people in their darkest hour like that, puts a lot of things in perspective.
I am so grateful for priesthood blessings. Last night we had our elders quorum president over to give allen a blessing. It was wonderful at brought an instant feeling of peace to our home and I finally felt like every thing was going to be okay, no matter what happens.
Allen and I have been having a lot of stress lately, with him being sick and all the other stresses that come along with being poor students with a new baby. After the blessing I got on line and found a really good talk by Elder Uchtdorf. It is caled The infinate power of hope. I highly reccomend that you read it, especially if life is seeming a little dark.

2 comments:

Ben and Megan said...

We love you and know exactly want you mean about the stress that comes at this crazy live we are living right now. We love you

Amy said...

Megan's right. We've been where you are and made it out alive. Sometimes we doubted it, but here we are 14 years later!

We're praying for you!