Well I am so glad to be joining my sisters in the blogging frenzy. I am happy to have a way to keep everyone informed about our comings and goings.
As I am sure everyone knows, we are expecting baby #1 on Oct 7th.
Allen has joined the army and will be reporting for basic training on May 14th.
We are both very excited and nervous about this new change. Allen is going to be going into Psychological Operations (PSYOPS). For those of you that are not familiar with this I have included a blurb from the Army Website
"The role of Psychological Operations is to alter the behavior of foreign populations in a manner consistent with United States diplomatic, national security and foreign policy objectives. A Psychological Operations Specialist is an information and media specialist who can assess the information needs of a target population and develop and deliver the right message at the right time and place to create the intended result. "
So needless to say for those of you who know Allen, this is right up his alley. The cherry on top is that he will get to learn a foriegn language. He scored very well on his DLAB so he will most likely be learning something like Areabic or chinease. Anyway... we are excited.
The current plan is for me to move up to Orem and stay with the Bush's until Allen graduates from basic training and after I go see my soldier graduate I will fly up to Alaska and spend the rest of my pregnancy at Mom's house. If all goes as planned the three of us will be moving to Montery CA in December for Allen to attend the Defense Language Institute.
So the next six weeks is going to be very busy getting our house packed and making arrangments. Not to mention getting my Hubby into shape for Basic.
That's all for now !

1 comment:
Cool beans! I am glad that everything is going well. Ben and I are talking about moving down to Provo for school this fall. Craziness. Keep the updates posted.
Love,
Megan
Post a Comment