Wednesday, December 5, 2007

A new home and new outlook

Well, alot has happened since I last bloged. We moved out of our apartment and into a wonderful house. It is older but it is a nice size, three bedrooms and 1 bath, plus it has a fantastic FENCED backyard with mature fruit trees. What more could we ask for?
I was really sick for a while in October and a visit to the specialist confirmed that I had endometriosis. I had surgery on Nov 7th and they removed alot of adhesions and scar tissue as well as three staples that had apparently been left in there from a previous surgery. UGH!!
So yeah, that was fun....
But I am all healed up now. I went and had my post-op visit with my doctor who comfirmed what I already knew about endometriois growing back quickly.
So I was given my option: get pregnant or go on hormone shots that wold put me into menopause. I'll take pregnancy, thank you.
So that kind of made up our minds for us. We have been talking for some time about when we wanted to start trying and now we know. Right now. If we don't get pregnant within the next six months we will have to go in for some testing and probably a round of hormone treatments before we can start trying again.
The doctor dosn't want to give the growths a chance to start up again and decrease my fertillity permanently. So heres to trying and hopefully a quick conception!!!

No comments: