Saturday, January 2, 2010

Ruth Grace

Monday December 28th, we lost our angel baby Ruth Grace. Their were no signs, no warning. It was just a routine check up that did not go as planned. When the midwife could not find a heartbeat she sent us to get an ultrasound. The ultraound tech did not say anything, but he didn't need to. His silience and the searching in his eyes said it all. Our baby was gone. The day is a blur but at the time seemed to last for an eternity. The next day in the wee hours of the morning Allen and Becky took me to the hospital to get a D&E. That do is also a blur, I survived by not letting myself think. These last few days have been hard, but I give thanks to the Lord everynight when I crawl into bed knowing that I have made it though another day. I still feel empty and my heart aches. But I know that my baby is with the Lord, and would not want me to suffer. So everyday I pray for the strength to make today better than yesterday.
This is a poem I found on the internet that has been helping me get through.

Precious Little One
I`m just a precious little one who didn`t make it there.
I went straight to be with Jesus, but I`m waiting for you here.
Many dwelling here where I live, waited years to enter in.
Struggled through a world of sorow, a world marred with pain and sin.
Thank you for the life you gave me, it was brief but don`t complain.
I have all Heaven`s Glory, suffered none of earth`s great pain.
Thank you for the name you gave me. I`d have loved to bring it fame.
But if I`d lingered in earth`s shadows, I would have suffered just the same.
So sweet family-don`t you sorrow.Wipe those tears and chase the gloom.
I went straight to Jesus` arms from my loving Mother`s womb.
~Author Unknown

4 comments:

Amy said...

That is a beautiful poem! It brought tears to my eyes. I want you to know that I think about you every day and my prayers are with you. I love you.

Amy said...

P.S. What a beautiful name.

Ben and Megan said...

We love you! And your perfect baby Ruth.

Amanda Bush said...

love you lizabeth- so sorry!