Sunday, January 10, 2010

The memorial









Yesterday we had the memorial for Ruth Grace. Auntie Becky and Auntie Megan gave prayers. Auntie Mandy and I both read poems and Grandma read a scripture. Allen sang How Great Thou Art and we all sang Families can be together forever. Then we wrote messages on the balloons and after a moment of silence we let them go. Allen tied mine and his together and we released our first. As I watched all the balloons float away I couldn't help but cry, not only for my loss and the pain I was feeling, but also for all the love and support I felt. Thank you all for coming, both in body and spirit. I know that the road is going to be long and there will be days that I will cry. But I know that our baby was taken home for a reason and that she is living in glory with our Heavenly Father. I am so grateful for the knowledge of Eternal Families and that one day I will be able to hold my little girl in my arms and never have to say goodbye again.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the photos and thoughts. I'm so sorry I couldn't be there. Love Dad