Saturday, July 25, 2009

The Grotto

This week has been a busy one. Wednesday we took an impromptu trip to St George to visit Allen's parents. We are trying to make an effort for Milo to know at least one set of his Grandparents since my parents live so far away. We had a good time visiting, but it was VERY hot. We went for a hike that Allen and I have been on several times but this time it was not so fun. It is a water hike, but apparently in the middle of July, in St George, water is hiding.
The creek bed and waterfalls were completely dry. The sagebrush was in bloom (ugh, my asthma) the sand was burning hot (why did I wear flip flops?) and it was about 100 degrees (what was I thinking?!?!) So in short, it was miserable. ( I admit to a few tears and talk of search and rescue...) So we tuned around and sought refuge in our air conditioned mini van.
When we got home on Friday we went over to the Love's to celebrate Ben's birthday. Ben had decided he wanted to go hiking!!! I was still sore from our adventures the day before and Megan can't stand the heat, so we sent the men and Kimber out and us girl's stayed in the nice cool apartment. Then yesterday morning we got a call from some good friends of ours inviting us to ....( drum roll please)....GO HIKING!!!!!
After some assurance that it was more of a "stroll in the woods" I agreed to be a good sport. I am really glad we went. It wasn't bad at all, a good little hike ending at the "Grotto", a beautiful water fall and cold water. We decided to be daring and continue up the trail to the top of the water fall, that was a bit difficult, but it felt good to push ourselves. After the hike we went to a little mom and pop restaurant and had GIANT homemade scones (YUM)
All in all it was a pretty good day.












Having a snack ( granola bars yum yum)
Milo sat on his own rock like a big boy




Allen and our friend Jarom at the top of the falls


All tuckered out ( and covered in chocolate) on the way home

2 comments:

Amy said...

Love that last picture! I love when they get so tuckered out like that! Looks like you are having a great time!

ldsfamofak said...

Hay when Ray and I get dowon there we will have to go hicking!
35 days until we leave.
Love ya