Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Midnight showers......

Milo is sick. Double ear infections, cough, snot... lots of snot. Needless to say I have not got a lot of sleep lately. He screams in his sleep, he thrashes, he rubs snot on me. Have I mentioned the snot?
Last night was particularly hard. He would not settle. His nightly "yummy" pink medicine and purple Tylenol had been administered. He had been feed, changed, rocked, cuddled and sung to, but it did not help. He thrashed in between Allen and I, lashing out if we dared try and touch him. And then it happened. A multicolored fountain of vomit.
He smiled briefly from the relief, but it was short lived.
So both mommy and Milo climbed into the shower and danced under the spray.
The warm water relaxed his tiny body and he fell asleep against me, only to awake to relieve the pressure in his belly, again and again. Luckily we were in the shower and the mess was easily rinsed away. The warm water ran cold and we returned to a clean bed,
curtsy of my wonderful husband. The rest of the night was long, but luckily, relatively dry. He is not in any better of a mood this morning, and is currently screaming in his crib, fighting sleep.
I have decided that this is what motherhood is all about , vomit, snot, screaming, fleeting smiles, midnight showers..... and sticking around to do it
tomorrow.

1 comment:

Amy said...

I'm smiling reading this... because TRULY that is motherhood. Isn't it wonderful???!!!