Utah is cold. Really cold. I hope that the grad school Allen gets into is somewhere warm, that would be a nice change.
I have a lot of really valid excuses as to why I have not posted in over four months. But I will not bore you with all the details. Suffice to say I am a crazy busy woman. Christmas came and went in a blur of candy and wrapping paper. Miles got everything his little heart could desire ( until he saw his cousins pirate boat). The three week break from school was much appreciated and filled with lots of naps and Netflix watching, in between bouts of mysterious GI problems. Also after much procrastination we got our house in order, so that my mom and dad can stay with us while my mom recovers from back surgery.
We are now back in school and trying to prepare for a life without the Love's ( which even though they leave in less than two weeks I. Am still in denial about). Allen and I have our schedules worked out that one of us is always home to watch miles in the morning and then take him to school. But more than the lack of free childcare I am really going to miss having my sister just across town. And I am not sure what Miles is going to do with out his best friend from birth. But I am trying to look on the bright side and see it as a practice run, for this fall when we will move somewhere we we literally know no one.
That is something that I am in constant state of anxiety about. Not necessarily the move itself but the fact that I can not currently plan. I am a planner, I love lists and agendas. But right now we have no idea where we could end up so I can't plan ( well technically I drive myself crazy looking up between three and five cities that are on our list.) hopefully that torture will end in the next few months. On feb 1st Allen is going to URTA, which is a conference of sorts for theatre students looking for grad schools. You have to be nominated to go and then while you are there prospective schools view your portfolio and interview you. Technically we could have an offer as soon as a week later, but the officially deadline for an ofer is April 15th. So it could be a while before we know anything for sure.
As for me school is going well. I am getting to wrap up my time as a dramaturg for The Crucible which opens next week, and I am getting ready to start dramaturging a production at a local professional theatre. I am also taken a advanced script writing class where I will be finally writing a full length work ( more on that latter). I am also on a selection committee for picking which student written plays will be produced at our short attention span theatre this year and will be taking my crucible project to LA in February to compete in our region. Oh yes, and I am also trying to overcome my frustration and lack of skill in sewing by taking costume construction 2 ( I honestly don't know how I passed costume construction one) this is a big personal challenge for me but I am determined to conquer it. Plus it is just a little embarrassing that my husband can sew better than I can so i am trying to close the gap. On top of all that I am trying my hardest to keep doing the really important things like being a good wife and mother. So needless to say I am more than little bit busy and at times I think a lot crazy.
Right now I am watching the snow fall outside my window as I ride the new frontrunner train to SLC. Miles is at the Love's this morning and I am headed to visit my mother who had back surgery two days ago. I am praying that she is feeling a little better today and grateful that I have the opportunity to keep her company ( although I am betting she will sleep a lot and I will have time to get plenty of homework done)
So there it is my quarterly update.
Actually it is my plan to be updating this blog a lot more often. But we will see how it goes. If all else fails I'll talk to you all in four months.
Wednesday, January 16, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment