A new school year has started and that means that our life is crazy busy again. Allen and I are both back in school. Allen is busy finishing off his senior year and we will be headed off to grad school next fall. Allen's time right now is mostly occupied by costume design work. He just finished up designing a community show ( that he is also performing in). And he is in the process of designing two touring children's shows. Then he will start designing the costumes for the big spring musical. On top of this he is directing his senior project that will go up in October.
I am the stage manager for that show and I am also the dramaturg for the school production of Crucible. That particular production will be keeping me very busy because I am hoping to take my project to LA in Febuary to compete in the Kennedy Center American College Theatre Festival. Also now that I am completly healed from my broken butt I am trying to get back in to a regular habit of attending Roller Derby. I sometimes am tempted to slack off, becaue lets face it, its hard! But it is great excersise and I really enjoy it. And then there is Little Bitty Toys, my etsy buisnees, it is humming along. Slowly but surely. It is nice to have a little extra income coming in.
Last but not least there is Miles, poor Miles. Sometimes I feel like he is just along for the ride. He goes to Aunty Megan's on Tuesday and Thursday while I am at school and we are doing preschool at home on the other days. He is also doing a gymnastics class once a week at the Little Gym. He is also very patient during rehersals and other school related events that he gets dragged along to.
So that is us right now, busy but happy.
Friday, August 31, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
What? Grad school?? Wow! I'm impressed. Good job, Allen!
Post a Comment