I am tired. This past couple weeks have been long. Allen has not been feeling well at all, so his doctor has had him in doing all sorts tests. Last friday it was an endoscopy and yesterday a colonoscopy. We got some great news! His Crohns appears to be in remission!!!! But that leaves us with the quandry of what is causing him to be so sick. So they will adjust his meds and we will adjust his diet and hopefully he will start feeling better.
My son is teething. He cries for no apparent reason and is almost imposible to console. Last night I couldn't do it anylonger and put him in his bassinet. He cried for ten minutes and then went silent.
I almost sprinted to his side, sure that he had died. But no, he had fallen asleep. We are a cosleeping family, but last night I left him alone and he slept for six hours in his bassinet. At two am he woke up and was happy to come back to bed with mommy.
Even though the last few days have been overcast and soggy in utah, the world is in bloom. So are my allergies. I have been miserable, to say the least. Some days I wish we were back in the barren St. George desert where nothing grows. It may have been hot and dry but my nose was clear.
Do you all remember my post at the begining of the year? The one about how I was going to be this great housewife and my home was going to be clean and organized. Well here I sit, on this blustery spring day, surronded by filth. OK, not call the health department filth, but it is pretty bad. I long to channel my big sister Amy and get this place in to shape. But I am at a loss at where to start. Probably the kitchen, that is a good a place as any right? I need to go grocery shopping today and it would be nice to have a clean kitchen to put things away in.
So begins my list for today, I will disenfect my kitchen. I will buy allergy medicine for my self, teething tablets for my son, and good healthy food for my husband's gut. I will get off this couch. Because really what other choice do I have ? Tired or not, my son needs to be feed and laundry needs to be washed. Life goes on, one minute, on hour, one day at a time.
Wednesday, April 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
oh how your day sounds like mine,except I am not on the couch but in my bed. There is still snow on the ground so nothing is in bloom and well all my children have teeth. But I have lots to do and no ambision to do it so basically the same thing right.
Love you
Becky
Hey Sweetie!
You may think that I don't know how you feel... but I DO!!! I've been exactly where you are... in our early marriage!
Here's a tip... turn on some music! Some really great, feel good music. I LOVE Bryan Adams' Summer of '69 and Straight Through The Heart and Roxette's How Do You Do?.
I have a "Clean the House" Playlist and it gets me motivated! I just sing and sing and sing and clean and clean and clean.
Music give me ambition. But it needs to be rip-roaring LOUD! Forget your neighbors for an hour.
As I read your post about Milo, I thought about our new baby and how I wonder how that will be! I remember the sleepless nights... kind of! :) That will be crazy!
I shouldn't be having allergies yet as we are surrounded in snow too. But I do. Yesterday my eyes almost swelled shut. I have no idea why.
Well... I love you! Hope you have a great day!
Oh, and good news about Allen! I hope he feels better!
Post a Comment