Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Miles and Mommy

Yesterday was August 26, that means that November 26 is less than three months away.  In three months
 ( give or take a week or so), I will be holding a brand new sweet baby boy. Typing that takes my breath away.
I have spent the last four years pleading with the Lord to allow me to have another child. And at long last, here we are, in the home stretch.
I am 27 weeks pregnant and I definitely "feel" pregnant. My feet are swollen, I am tired, baby boy is a very strong kicker and I am starting to "waddle".  Many days I say that I can't wait for this baby to be born.
But at the same time, I am trying to savor these last three months. The last three months of Miles being an only child, of Allen and I being parents to an "only". Things are going to change, a lot, and I don't think any of us are completely prepared for it. I'm not sure there is much we can do to actually be prepared. So instead I am focusing on trying to live in the present, to enjoy these last moments with my first born. I am grateful for the opportunities that homeschooling gives me to spend so much time with Miles. I can't even fathom sending him off to school right now.
By December we will be wrapped up in the choas that is day to day life with a newborn. But right now things are easy. We read lots of books, we color, we play with blocks. Life is good, just "Miles and Mommy"

No comments: