Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Ruth

Two years ago today we lost our dear Ruth Grace. I can not believe that two years have passed. When you think about it two years is a long time, but it feels like just yesterday. I thought that by now I would be "over it" "healed" that I would have "moved on". But that is not the case. Not a day goes by that I don't think of my angel.
Today we have been spending a quiet day as a family, remembering our baby. We continued our tradition of memorializing Ruth by releasing balloons at the cemetery.
I am starting to come to terms with the idea that I will never "get over" losing my baby. I will always have a place in my heart for her. I take comfort in knowing that my family is eternal and that one day I will have the opportunity to raise my daughter. Losing a child is a hurt that never goes away but with the help of my family and my heavenly father I am learning to cope.

No comments: