Wednesday, February 18, 2009

In the hospital


Well, I am sure that a lot of you already know that Milo is in the hospital. Last Wednesday I took him in for his four month visit and he had a cough. The doctor said that is was probably the begining of something and to keep an eye on him. That night we ended up in the ER and we were sent home with a list of things to watch for. We went back in on Saturday and they did some tests and he tested positive for RSV. We got a prescription for the suction clinic and another list of things to watch for. We were only home for a few hours before we had to take him back in for suctioning.
On and on this went until early Monday morning . We had stayed in town at Megan's house so that we would be close to the hospital. I had sent Allen home to shower and get some rest. Milo seemed to be resting peacefully, but upon closer inspection his breathing was shallow and his lips were dusky. I decided enough was enough and Megan and I took him back to the hospital. The admitted him and I tried to call Allen to get him to come over. Well, Allen had gone to bed and left his phone in his phone pocket on vibrate!!! So Megan sat with me until we were settled and then went home to her family. Allen finally woke up ( to a phone full of increasingly angry messages) and rushed over to the hospital.
Milo seemed to be doing okay as far as RSV goes, but was running a high fever that was not coming down with tylenol. Our doctor consulted with several pediatricians and the hospiatals pediatric infectious disease doctor came in to see him. As of right now the have decided that he has bacterial pneumonia on top of the RSV.
He is actually doing really well since being on the antibiotics. His fever is gone and yesterday he was of his oxygen all day. But this morning he finaly settled in for a nice nap and his o2 levels droped. So we are back on oxygen.
Anyway, so that is the latest news, if everything keeps going well we might be able to go home tommorow. YAY !





Milo's little foot, the babylegs have come in helpful!

2 comments:

ldsfamofak said...

Liz
I am glad he is doing better hope you guys are out of the hospital soon.
Love YA Becky

Amy said...

We're thinking about you! Hope he gets to go home tomorrow!