Well, we have had a lot of changes in the last couple weeks.
The semester is coming to an end for Allen and it has been very stressful. His Crohns has been giving him trouble and that has led to missing alot of class. So we are hoping that is has not been a complete wash and that he will get some credit out of this semester. But things are looking up in that area, we have got him in with a good GI doc and they are starting him on some new meds that are supposed to be great. But they do take up to six months to start working. One of them is a IV infusion every eight weeks. We are still waiting for patient assistance to come through on that so we can get it started.
The baby is doing good. For the first five weeks he would have nothing to do with nursing so we were pumping and giving him a bottle. That got old really fast. Nothing is more inconvient than having to pump and then deal with washing bottles and pumping equipment and the having to feed the baby. Not to mention I could never stray far away from my pump. So Milo and I had a little chat and he decided to be a champ and pick nursing over fourmula. He latched right on and has been nursing great!!!!
But then we hit another bump in the road. He has been projectile vomiting and having really uncomfortable gas. The doc comfirmed what we thought, he has reflux. So we have to feed him small amounts more often. This isn't bad during the day, but nights were horrible and I wasn't getting any sleep. One night out of pure exhaustion, when both the baby and I were in tears I crawled back into bed and cuddled Milo up next to me. It was Heaven! We both slept peacefully, Milo was able to have is frequent feedings with minimal effort on both our parts. So now we don't even bother with the crib. The beby just comes to sleep with us. He has even started having less night time feedings and is only eating twice a night!
Now I know I am probably creating a monster, and I don't want to even think about what is going to happen when he is bigger. But for right now I am delighted to be getting sleep.
As for other changes, the sears Allen works at in American fork is closing so he is being transfered down the the one in Provo Towne Center. Well that is a huge commute from Highland. So we got our own apartment!!!! We are very excited. We just moved in yesterday and we love it. It is in springville and only about 8-10 min from Allens work and 15 min from school.
We loved our time with the bush's and it was great to have that extra help for the first few weeks with Milo. But it is wonderful to have our own space, as our own little family. Although I am a little anxious about being a mom with out the saftey net of an auntie upstairs.
I will be sure to keep the blog updated on how things are going
Wednesday, November 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
That baby is right where he should be! Cuddled up next to his mama and daddy! Enjoy every precious moment with that little boy! Pretty soon he'll be 12 years old and taller than you!
Post a Comment